There is a wide range of quality of products in the Ethernet Media Converter industry, here are some tips for Sun Telecom’s Ethernet Media Converter with other manufacturers in order to give an idea of what to choose when purchasing.
Sun Telecom’s advantages:
- All the materials are new, the lifetime of the optical module is five years, and the working temperature can be from -10 to 50 degrees.
- It utilizes the best 113C chip available in the industry, and uses quality PCB; its TOSA, ROSA and BOSA optical components have high reliable quality.
- The receiving sensitivity is in accordance with the international standards of IEEE 802.3U and ITUT.G.957.
-The transmission distance fully meets the specification requirements.
- The equipment has 3 year warranty.
Some of the products in the market:
- These products may use recycled materials to lower the cost, but the optical module lifetime might be reduced to generally two years, and it might not work at high temperatures.
- They might also use low cost chips, cheap PCB boards and core optical devices, which can’t guarantee a good quality; the machine might be unstable as a result.
- The transmission distance might be reduced with time.
- The warranty time is not very long.